Saturday, October 22, 2011

31 for 21:#22 Skipping Down Memory Lane

Tuesday is Elise's 9th birthday.  And this week, I've been wandering up and down memory lane.  She found her baby picture book, and was pretty fascinated by her adorable self.  To put up a post tonight, I thought I'd let you wander the lane with me.  If you are a fan of the blog on Facebook, you've seen most of these...because I've had a couple of folks who wanted to know about how big she was at various ages.  I'd like to share these with you tonight, because some of these are some of my all time favorites...Enjoy!!


This was about the time she got kicked out of her child-care, for her health because she went into cardiac failure.  Elise was 3 months old and maybe 6 lbs.
This was the day we left for Cincinnati, OH for her open heart surgery.  4 months old and still less than 7 lbs.
Here we are at Ethan's graduation, Elise is 7 months old, and still about 7.5 or 8 pounds.


This is one of my favorite pictures of my Super Babies!  Elise is 9 months old and a whopping 10 pounds.  Gabriel is 4.

This is a Best Friends picture! 
(About the same time as the Super Babies photo.)



Again, about the same time.  Just one of my favorites...

She was on Chemo, kicking it in a giant crib, snuggling with Daddy!
(Elise is about 1 and 1/2 years here, still hanging at 15-16 lbs.)



Again, about 1 and 1/2 years, and 30 seconds alone with the Kleenex box!

On chemo with her beloved IV pony, given by a friend also fighting, down the hall!
(I think we were closer to the end of treatment, as her hair was coming out...)


Beautiful thing!  About 2 and 1/2 or 3 years old.



On her beloved horse, Gus! 
She's 4 years old here.

Kicking her boots, here at age 5.

Loving to cook at age 7 (almost 8)
Basking at the beach at 8
With her twinkie, Charlotte. 
This is a regular picture around here. 
They are besties.

3 comments:

  1. Oh how I love seeing all of these photos of Elise. Happy Birthday Elise!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm...I think we may be twins! That picture of you in red...yeah looks just like me without my glasses (which I don't always wear) even my hubby thought it was a picture of me! Oh and I love all the different age pics of the kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for sharing the walk down memory lane! Loved seeing her growing up in fast forward! And that last picture is precious! They clearly adore each other! I hadn't realized Elise's hair had turned so dark! When you see it in fast forward like that, it's really noticable!

    ReplyDelete