We enjoyed Halloween tonight. Gabriel was too old to trick-or-treat this year and got to be an "adult" and helped to supervise his sisters...he went as a biker dude in tattoos and my Sturgis T-shirt. Amelia went as Tinkerbell. Charlotte went as a Squirt the Turtle from "Finding Nemo". Elise went as a Cat/Wolf...depending on the moment you asked...very fuzzy and white with a tail and no ears. She apparently relied on sound effects. She was happy...that's all that matters, right?
I am stealing shamelessly from a bloggy friend. She has done this for the last several years, and it was so cool, I am copy-cat-ing. :) She lists 21 factoids about her son and it is like a personal snap-shot for each year. 21 for the 21st chromosomal set that determines Down Syndrome.
This is my first "21 things about Elise":
1) Elise LOVES wolves, sharks, and pigs!! Charlotte's Web, 3 Little Pigs and the Big Bad Wolf, you name it!
2) She could live on sandwiches. Turkey on Wheat or PB&J for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
3) Elise likes to sleep "upside down" in her bed. Her head at the foot end.
4) Elise demands that she have her Care Bears lined up on either side of her pillow. If they are not lined up in the proper order, she will switch them up or she can't sleep.
5) She loves "How to Train Your Dragon", "Ratatouille", "Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of the Were Rabbit", and "Toy Story".
6) Elise loves stripes and wants to look like "Where's Waldo" every day.
7) She loves computer games and her Leapster.
8) Elise has only just started playing independently and it involves Playmobil toys. And she will happily play for hours. She loves playing with the wild animals in the barn. Which I find funny!
9) She always wants you to read but will only sit long enough for about half of whatever you were going to read. Whether the book is 10 pages or 60 pages...
10) She hates shoes and socks and takes them off the second you start the car or pull out into traffic.
11) She has funny little duck feet. Her feet have narrow heels and a very wide ball of her foot resulting feet the shape of triangles. I love seeing her wet foot prints...and so does she, she walks in circles watching her own footprints.
12) She has only just gotten brave enough to get in the pool with arm floaties on...and two times at the very end of the summer she allowed them to actually float her.
13) Elise is Tweedle-Dee to Charlotte's Tweedle-Dum
14) Elise calls her two favorite "shadows" (the people who watch her at church and make sure she doesn't run away) "Booby and Mook". They are otherwise known as Shelby and Brooke, and them being called that never ceases to amuse me.
15) Elise hates having her hair brushed and likes her hair cut short.
16) She will growl and spit and do a little lock-kneed, goose-step march jump if you try and make her do something she doesn't want to do. There are some days I would like to try it. :)
17) She thinks the IHOP commercial where the trick-or-treat-ers get pancakes and syrup in their bags, is fall-down-on-the-floor hilarious.
18) Elise loves pizza, but won't eat anything on it but cheese. (And won't eat cheese on sandwiches.) She is going through a stage where she wants the pizza cut up and to eat it with a fork.
19) Elise LOVES to mix and cook and look at recipe books! But refuses to eat any of it.
20) She loves microphones and will do just about anything to talk into one!
21) She sucks her thumb when she is tired, upset, or stressed. She likes to pet your cheek or eyelashes if she can sit close enough. And it is probably why she has enough room in her mouth for her teeth...so her dentist is not terribly committed to encouraging her to stop sucking yet, unlike 4 years ago...now he credits her with spreading her own palate...so she gets to buy a little more time...and I am thankful for it for her!
I look forward to seeing how she grows and changes! I can't wait to look back over a few years of these lists!!! Happy October!!!