Friday, February 4, 2011

Readers' Choice Awards

I am fresh out of the gate with this blog. It is the new baby on the blog block, but there is something called the Readers' Choice Awards. They currently are taking nominations for the Favorite Special Needs Blog. I would like to ask if you could nominate me and this blog. Not because I think I am such an amazing blog, but since I have tried to enlist guest bloggers to come on and share their stories, and really make a support circle, the more people who know about it, the bigger the support circle, right?

I found out about this, this afternoon from a friend who has the seniority to win...so I went off to support her....and then got to thinking...maybe if I got nominated, then I could get more readers, if I get more readers, then I could possibly get more guest bloggers and the circle of folks who can share their experiences and be encouraged "that they are not alone" will widen.

Only flaw, the nominations close TONIGHT at 11:59 pm. So, scoot over there and help me get more voices of experience...PLEASE? Pretty please?

Here is the link to a nomination form.

Here is the link to the required qualifications for the nomination.

While I do run guest blog spots, I am the primary contributor and most of the posts are my very own thoughts and reflections. I share my experiences about my life with Elise (who qualifies as a child who has special needs because she has Down Syndrome, significant developmental delays, and many medical issues), past and present. I hope that my experiences are helpful to those just starting out, and those wondering if the craziness is just in their lives.

Thanks so much!!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry, I just saw this post! Ask again next time! Good luck - hope someone nominated you.

    ReplyDelete