Friday, July 27, 2012

In Our Shoes - P.S.

I had to clarify this morning's post for a friend...I am hurting about Elise's current status less for myself, and more that my baby is aware and not able to "speak" for herself....it hurts me to see her hurt.

When she was little, she was a pixie.  When she was a toddler, she was so effusive that her smile brought one to others.  Now, there is obviously something "wrong" and now we get the questioning stares, the judging looks, the pity, and the disregard.  I am a big girl.  I have lived a lot of life in my years.  I don't care for me, what those looks are...I care for my girl and her heart.

When we are home, I feel it less.  But with everyday that passes with her sisters, I am seeing more questions and sadness in my Littles...and fleeting moments of *not normal* hit...

But when I am with her alone, I see only her brilliant smiles, I hear only her giggles of joy, I feel all of her emotions with and even without verbal response.

I drove up to my parents this afternoon, and mulled some of the responses of my friends in my mind...and this song came on the radio...and felt that it needed to be my P.S.  It said almost all that needed to be said...

"Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol




2 comments:

  1. Well said, keep talking. Music saves my life & gives me words when my own fail me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post, Tiffany! {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete